Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ask NAVER!!

Where is the best place to dating with my boyfriend/girlfriend??
Ask Naver!!

My laptop doesn't work..what should I do??
Ask Naver!!

Which company should I invest??
Ask Naver!!

Have you ever heard about NAVER??
In Korea, Naver is rule!! as Google does in US..

In Naver, you can ask anything you wonder every little things ..also you can definitely find a answer immediately..I think I can't live without Naver for just one day..It is really helpful..

In Korea, Google users are less than Naver..because Korean people are already familir with Naver so much, so they will not change their prior searching web site easily.

As studying in abroad, now I realized that google is the best engine for seaching. Google is very simple in their design, so I felt that they concentrate on searching knowledge. They put their focus on gethering their every knowlege and finding it in high speed. In other words, it specialized in computer searching.

Otherwise, Naver try to cover every field of business. On the home page there are many advertisement and News that interrupt users to search their materials. Also it makes web site very slowly..but you can get any knowledge from private and various experiences.

Naver has many problems like "User Generated Content & Search" says in article that

Cons of UGC: Oversight and moderation, spam, false and outdated info, who
owns the content, structure can be challenging, negation information about your
brand, etc.

The knowledge in Naver are sometimes inaccurate, so my home university's professors really hate their student's homework cited from Naver..because sometimes the knowledge are from elementary school students and outdated information.

I think UGC is very innovated tool I ever had..Thanks to UGC we can get any types of information in our home for just 5 seconds. According to the posting "Nobel Laureate Says The Internet Makes Us Dumb, We Say:Meh". The writer criticize the Doris Lessing's speech.

The likes of Andrew Keen and Doris Lessing ignore the many benefits the
internet has provided in expanding access to knowledge to many, many more people than who may otherwise have had no access before.

I agree with this opinion that UGC makes people access to information than any other channels.

So we should be smart when we use the UGC..because sometimes you can bring your girlfrined or boyfrined in awful restaurant and invest your money in almost bankrupted company..

2 comments:

Redgrape said...

Hmmm, I've never heard of Naver before, but it sounds like ask.com, google, and wikipedia all merged into one. Very cool. I guess user generated content is unreliable but it can be much better than cookie cutter content because it is more informal and can be easier to understand for some. Just my two cents.

Song said...

How glad to meet picture of the Naver via your blog! :)
My opinion is similar to you Eun bi. UGC, UCC are very innovated tool in the era of the Internet. It is apparent, we can not stop the growing of UCC, UGC so we have to prepare and manage the legal practices about controling privacy problems I think.