Saturday, October 4, 2008

I Know What You Did Last Summer..


"I know what you did last summer..."

This horrible things happen to you and me on the internet..
In Korea, many people use cyworld as their main blog.
Sometimes I got notes from someone I don't know who he is...
One of those note is from my old friends ( Primary school, middle school or high school friends)
then it can be very glad and exciting greeting :) Actually I had been met some old friends who couldn't contact for about 10 years. We talked about our childhood and it was great time..

But....some notes from stragers..it scared me so much..and sometimes they know about me..
Actually, in cyworld, I can find anyone I want by name of profile.
I try typing my name on the search engine
Because my last name is so rare in South Korea, people can find me so easily.
I got just 8 people having same name..(My blog is second one :) )
It also shows the date of birth, so anyone can find me for just 10 seconds.
From the article, Teens, Privacy and Online Social Networks, writer says
At the same time, nearly two-thirds of teens with profiles (63%) believe
that a motivated person could eventually identify them from the information they
publicly provide on their profiles.
I really agree to this opinion, through cyworld profiles anyone who try to detect me can get my information just in 2~3 clicks..They also know what I did this vacation or this weekend.
Even I didn't allow access to my pictures and posting to anonymous, they can see my pictures through my friend's which had no restrict to anyone.
Actually, I did it sometimes to find out when I have interesting in someone.
According to the video, "Can Privacy Exist on the Internet?", It can be more serious when my employers visit my Facebook or Cyworld because they can affect my future career and promotion. Then we should act like right and diligent person even on the Internet. Sometimes we want be more freely out of office.
I think many people think that it's okay when I try to find some information from someone because it is just for curious, but it's the invasion of privacy when other people do that.
This is problem and can be serious privacy invasion without any guilty.




No comments: