Sunday, November 2, 2008

Please talk in 140 characters!!

I've never heard about Twitter before..so I tried to learn about that.

I found that Twitter is kind of blog that very short and quick talking about user's every little things in life..

I think everybody wants to talk and share about their everyday life with their friend and family.
So we used cell phone and e-mail before the Twitter.

Using Twitter, users can type just one sentence and it can be shared by their circle or members.

I thought that it's very similar with messenger program, but soon I realized that Twitter is more open case to other users than messenger worked. In messenger, only 2~3 people can talk there, but, through the Twitter, one user can share his or her situation simultaneously with other friends. I learn that It's very easy and quick way to upload on internet.
Acoording to the article,Why Twitter Matters, they said about Twitter's social networking..
Much of the Twittering crowd argues that Twitter will continue to grow in
importance, perhaps rivaling other social media powers such as Facebook. "I have
hundreds of friends on FB, but have done 10x the networking, connecting &
communicating on Twitter," tweets Christian Anderson.

In this way, Twitter is much easier to connected and communicate each other.

(pictures from http://flowingdata.com/2008/03/12/17-ways-to-visualize-the-twitter-universe/)

It limited the length of writing in 140 characters. I think it is important rule in Twitter. Users do not need to have any pressure about the good manner in writing, so it makes more people gethered in Twitter. Also it makes social networking easier and more convenient.

2 comments:

IgnacioQuevedo said...

I agree that because Twitter requires you to write in less than 140 characters, it makes social networking easier and more convenient to use. We are living in a world of fast communication. It's better than messaging because you can reach more people at a time.

Song said...

Wow the pictures you posted are so cool. I totally agree with your opinion that "Twitter is much easier to connected and communicate each other" and it is really easy and convenient to use because of its short length of writing. I felt and am feeling better when I am allowed to write in short length in English.
Can you agree with me?